Discover Napa and make your Napa Valley Plans early for the 2018 Annual Meeting!
Download the 2017 Napa Valley Visitor's Guide for shopping, arts, events. Click here now.
WEATHER & CLIMATE
The Mediterranean climate of the Napa Valley provides near perfect weather year round. The southern part of the valley—because of its proximity to San Francisco Bay—is cooler than the northern, and temperatures vary from daytime to night. Spring and summer temperatures range from 75 – 85° Fahrenheit (24 – 29° Celsius) during the day and 50 – 55° F (10 – 13° C) at night. In fall and winter, temperatures range from 60 – 70° F (15 – 21° C) during the day and 40 – 50° F (5 – 10° C) at night. So, when packing, be sure to keep Napa Valley’s weather in mind.
GENERAL YEAR ROUND PACKING TIPS
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, sunhat (year round), umbrella/raincoat during winter and spring
- Fall/Winter = scarf, denim, sweater and boots (please note that denim is acceptable year round)
- A light jacket for the nighttime breeze from the bay
- Comfortable flats, low wedges or walking shoes—many wineries have standing tastings at a bar and tours often include a lot of walking on various terrains
- A light purse/wallet with essentials (ID, cash, credit cards, cell phone—leave the rest in the hotel room)
- A skirt and blouse/nice trousers and dress shirt for dining out or a night on the town
- Layer, layer, layer—since the temperature varies throughout the day, layering is often your best bet for staying comfortable.
- Refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or heavy lotions when wine tasting as it can muddle your sense of smell and keep you from fully enjoying the flavors of the wine